I can do it! I can lift it! Just give me a minute and I will crush you!
I am fierce! I will squash you with giggles!
1. At long last, here are the images I promised from the School Library Journal photo shoot, all photos by the wonderful Jensen Hande. Some of you may notice that I am not wearing the snood. If this upsets you, which would be perfectly understandable, blame my sister, secret code name Cordelia. She said the snood didn’t match the sword. (In color? In shape? In atmosphere?) Also, she kept calling it a snoot.
2. My uber-cool friend Rebecca Rabinowitz guest posted at Shapely Prose the other day with recommendations for fat-positive children’s books. Part One is about picture books and Part Two is about middle-grade and young adult books. Definitely worth checking out.
3. I saw FOUR baby blue herons on the pilings the other evening. When they flew away they were all flappy and floppy. It was stupendous.
4. Cordelia may have snood anger issues, but nonetheless, she sure is a loyal sister. Here’s an email she sent me: “I was so offended and depressed by Palin’s speech that I decided to take a break yesterday and stop in the Barnes and Noble on Atlantic. I checked out the young adult section — your book was there! I did you a favor by putting one of the copies on the table at the very front of the store.”
5. Finally, I don’t have it in me to comment on Palin’s speech. But I do have it in my to embed Jay Smooth‘s comments.