A happy addition to my BEA schedule: On Saturday, May 30, from 1-3pm, I’ll be signing books with Melissa Marr at Books of Wonder, 18 West 18th Street, New York City.
For today’s post I direct you to the podcast of my recent conversation with Deirdre and Maria at the Mount Kisco Library in Mount Kisco, New York. Deirdre and Maria had some great questions about Graceling and YA lit! Here are some of the things we talked about:
- Katsa’s relationship with Raffin
- the nature of Graces
- fantasy character names
- why YA is such a great genre
- Megan Whalen Turner and why “write faster!”, though often meant as a compliment, might not be the most empathetic thing you can say to a writer
- the anti-marriage thing (which, incidentally, I blogged about once, here)
- how my characters surprise me as I’m writing
Warning: there are a few Graceling spoilers in the podcast.
Go here to listen. Thanks to Deirdre and Maria!